Wednesday 14 September 2011

Firsty time doing this!

Thought, that with the slacker time I now get, I may as well start this blogging lark! 

Little bit of biking history first...

According to my mother, they shoved me on a bicycle at the age of 2 and a half so felt like (after a long absence) it was necessary to entertain the idea of recreational riding once more. Got into it with the odd road ride on the old Claud Butler roadie and I almost became addicted to riding but always felt like there was something missing... I found that 'thing' in mountain biking! So in the sales at CRC about 3 years ago I picked up a little Cube Attention which I couln't have loved any more if I'd completely trashed it (I very nearly did) and by last year February I thought, I may aswell get something better suited to this type of riding and treated myself to a 2010 Boardman Team HT, which with those Rebas was all the bike I actually needed.

But this year in May, a good Mtb'ing mate of mine wanted to get a bit of an upgrade from his old Hardrock and offered me good money for it! I parted with it, with the intention of building up an On-One Whippet from scratch, but after being (rather graciously) allowed to ride a mate's own build for a week, I found the carbon at tad flexy for my liking. Which made me think, "what was wrong with the Boardman to start with?"

A question which was quickly answered and I duly got myself another Boardman, but this time a Pro and have been steadily upgrading it since May/June.

A few pics:




These are about a month old now, but new pics are to come when I head out to Dorset on the 25th with some mates for a week... plenty of riding to be had! There's a few more over on Flickr aswell!

Here: >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/61864108@N08/

Since May, I've covered about 160 miles all in all; and while that may not be too impressive they have been thoroughly enjoyable hours both alone and with the GF Razz.

The spec now:

Frame: Boardman "Ultralight super butted race spec aluminium" frame in 20"
Forks:2010 RockShox Reba Race with external Floodgate, 100mm
Bars: Ritchey Pro Rizer OS 31.8mm
Stem: Ritchey Pro OS 31.8mm
Headset: FSA Orbit with cartridge bearings
Grips: Superstar Supagripa (Black and Red)
Bar Ends: Superstar Bar ends (Red)

Front Brake Lever: Avid Elixir R (carbon lever)
Front Caliper:Avid Elixir R
Front disc: Avid G3 Cleansweep 6 bolts Rotor
Rear Brake Lever: Avid Elixir R (carbon lever)
Rear Caliper: Avid Elixir R
Rear Disc: Avid G3 Cleansweep 6 bolt Rotor
Hoses: Standard Avid Hoses
Shifters: SRAM X0 LH, and SRAM X9 RH
Cables: It says 'Jagwire' on them Razz
Front Mech: SRAM X9
Rear Mech: SRAM X0
Saddle: Carbon-railed Fizik Gobi XM with Red Wing-flexy bits :D

Seat Post: Ritchey Pro 27.2mm
Seat Post Clamp: Chromag QR Clamp [Red]
Cranks: Truvativ Stylo GXP 3.3
Chainring(s): Truvativ (?)
Chain: SRAM PC951 Chain
Cassette: SRAM PG950
Pedals: Supestar Nano Tech Flats (Red)
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP

Rim: Ritchey WCS Disc 32 Hole
Spokes: Unbranded double butted thingies
Hub: Crappy Ritchey cartridge bearing thing
Tube: Continental Supersonic
Tyre: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo 2.25 (White)
Rim: Ritchey WCS Disc 32 Hole
Spokes: ?
Hub: Ritchey thing
Tube: Continental Supersonic
Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 (Pacestar TL-Ready version) [also with white stripe]



Also for the patient of you, I have now begun somewhat of a commuter project with some old bits I had lying about, some new bits and a 2003 Spezialized Rockhopper frame which I practically got for free! (the guy only wanted postage)


So far the frame is in the process of being stripped, I have some Avid Juicy 7's on the way aswell as some Shimano XT Shifters and Deraileurs to come.


Pics will follow! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment